CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Good Laughs

Caleb started Pre-K last week and boy has it been an adventure!


On his first day of school he shoved a kid over so he could sit next to his friends. When I picked him up later that day one of his teachers told us he has anger problems (we already knew that and warned her). They said to teach him to use his words when he wants something, or when something upsets him (we already do that).

The next day was the same report from the teacher telling us he needs to use his words to tell his frustration.

The third day he went to sit by his friends and kids scattered away so he could not push or hit them. Apparently I have raised a bully. How is it that Jared and I are both six foot tall yet have the shortest kid in the class?

On Friday we at least got a report that he is starting to use his words. Yay!

Well today was a different story. I was late to pick up Caleb so I had one of my friends pick him up with one of her kids in the class. As the teacher was telling her that Caleb had another bad day and was not listening or using his words he walked off and PULLED THE FIRE ALARM!!! I'm so glad that I was not there for this incident because you would have seen instant anger and me using LOTS of words. :) The whole school had to evacuate including the sleeping babies who where pushed out of the school in their cribs. I'm so embarrassed. I don't want to show my face tomorrow when I drop him off.

Any advice from you expert parents out there is needed. It's a good thing I have a sense of humor. I just hope his teachers and school do to. :)

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Good luck...Samuel got written up once, and it's a good thing my parent's were in the car waiting, because I was FURIOUS!!! If you recall, his last couple of weeks of Pre-K were a nightmare... thankfully it was my friend teaching the class and knew that I was working on it, and our circumstances at the time. Keep trying, I think that's all you can do...

Sarah said...

Oh yeah...late the 2nd week....good grief, get it together girl!!!

Kira said...

Man, I love that kid!!! Have you considered some sort of growth hormone to help out with the "short man's disease" he is apparently struggling with?

Maybe you could find one that works on cows (isn't that what you do these days?) :)

Danielle Harris said...

This killed me! Oh Caleb! Not too much advice here because you guys are already doing so much. Sometimes it's just the way they are and you have to keep plugging along until they get old enough to really get it. Good luck and keep your head up...not your fault!

Scott said...

Hahaha....sorry. Don't mean to laugh, but that is the funniest thing ever (fire alarm). Probably not for you though. We should totally try and meet sometime next week, I won't be working. Maybe Kendra would wanna meet too!

Lindsay Foley

Linz said...

Holy crap -- what a week!
Hopefully things are improving.
Sophie is still faking that her stomach hurts to get out of class -- I think she has issues with her new teacher. Sheesh!
-James