CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The best vacation EVER!!!!!

Last week Jared and I took off to Mexico with a group of friends and went on our very first cruise. We sailed on Carnival Cruise Lines for 6 days/5 nights to the Western Caribbean KID FREE. :) Thanks to our wonderful friends who made this happen!!!Our ship the Carnival Inspiration.
The boat had 4 hot tubs, a swimming pool and 2 different water slides.
This was the first night. They had a game show kinda like Jeopardy and both Jared and I were contestants. We made COMPLETE fools of ourselves!!! I have to brag and say I did take first place and won a trophy.
This is picture of when they made me try to dance like Michael Jackson. I had NO clue what I was doing. Everyone thought I was totally drunk and waisted but no, that was all natural baby!!! I have to say the highlight was me singing the "Fresh Prince Of Bel air" theme song. They were all in shock I actually knew it and EVERY word!!!
Jared's turn.... He did SO awesome that they started taking away his points and turning off his buzzer to try to make it a fair game. He won second place and got a metal because they made him loose. After winning they felt bad for making him loose and game him a trophy too.
Our winnings. Man we are nerds!!!
Our second day at sea at the back of the ship.
Karaoke night. I love hearing Jared sing. He has a great voice and never uses it.
Here is Jared caring me through on our duet. I was so nervous. I HATE singing in public!!!
Here is the champagne that we won for the Salsa contest. We won second place even though we were told we should have one first place by several audience members. Once again Jared was caring us along. My honey can shake it!!! We ended up trading our champagne in for 6 cans of soda instead since we don't drink. The people at the bar thought we were crazy.
Formal night. As you can tell I'm a little burned from laying out on the ship and being in the sun all day at Cozumel.

The gang playing games on the ship. We all got together and met in our friends room. Imagine 8 people in one tiny room on the ship. Got to love Brad's robe. It's open a little too much for comfort.
Formal night again. This is our whole group. We had a BLAST together!!! Let me tell you, there was NEVER a dull moment. :)Yee Haw!
Our silly husbands or should I say the three stooges.
Snorkeling in Cozumel. I'm sad I didn't get more pictures while snorkeling and totally regret not buying an underwater camera.
Riding the mopeds. This was Jared's first time OFFICIALLY driving one. I was scared to death since I hate riding bikes but I have to admit I had a blast and Jared was actually a good driver.
Some of the ruins on the islands. It's amazing to think that the Nephites and Lamanites actually built these.


Last but not least the beautiful sunset. I'm sad to say that I never actually got to see the sunset the whole time on the cruise. Thanks Abby for this beautiful shot! Jared and I will be going again in 2 years and every 2 years thereafter if anyone wants to join us. :)




6 comments:

Kira said...

Thanks for posting pictures-- they are priceless! That looks like the world's most perfect vacation for parents of three kids... I am so jealous.

Gleason Family said...

looks soooo fun! But I'm confused... where were your kids? :) Let me know! David and I have talked about doing a cruise but feel like our kids are too little still. I think your kids are about the same ages as mine. Fill me in! By the way...great pictures!

Gleason Family said...

ha ha ha! So funny. At the top of your post, when you put, "KID FREE", I read it wrong and thought that the kids were free. (and you took them). I didn't understand. But now I see... you DIDN'T TAKE them! Sooooo nice! How fun! :) Glad you enjoyed it. Maybe we will have to think about planning a trip.... :)

Wendy said...

That looks like so much fun!

Frogwoman said...

Wow! What a fun trip. I am so glad that you guys had such a great time.
Wendy B.

Linz said...

Great post!
Every 2 years it is!!!!
We'll be there!
-James