CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 22, 2008

5th Anniversary

Two weeks ago was our 5 year anniversary. Yay! We got to ditch the kids and leave for the weekend while a friend watched the crazy monkeys. :) It was nice to get away with just the two of us for a few days. I have to admit that we did miss them by the time we came home. I guess we are suckers for our little monkeys. Jared and I went to a WestGate Resort that was a dude ranch. Yup that's right, I wanted to spend my anniversary at a dude ranch. If any of you know me, my dream vacation is a cattle drive. Yeah, I know I'm crazy but that's what I'd want to do. :) Now most of you are probably thinking I'm crazy going to ride horses while pregnant. Just to let you know, the ranch only let you walk the horses and not run them. So, there was no danger involved. Basically the horse ride was LAME. I kept trying to talk them into lettting us run the horses but to no avail. I was SSSOOOO disappointed!!! Overall we had a GREAT trip and did tons of fun things. Here is the list...

Horseback Riding

Shot bow and arrows

Went swimming

Watched the Georgia Bulldogs play football

Watched a Junior and Adult Rodeo

Line Danced (Yup, talked Jared into doing it with me)

Rode an airboat

Went Fishing

Played Basketball

Went to a petting zoo

AND RELAXED!!!

Here are some pictures of our fun vacation...

This was the first night we arrived and our anniversary dinner on the water.
Horseback riding with my sugar daddy. I'm still upset they never let us go faster than a walk. Look, those are real buffalo on the ranch. How cool is that?


The junior rodeo. They had some beautiful horses. One of the kids riding was a 3 year old on a full grown horse. I'm sad we didn't get a picture because it was amazing seeing her ride all by herself. My kids will be doing that someday.Jared has many talents. One of which is shooting bow and arrows. This was a hidden talent I didn't know. That boy could hit anything! I was pretty impressed. Look at that spread and from quite a far distance. That's my sugar daddy!The airboat ride was AWESOME!!! I have never been on one and boy was it LOUD! Hence, the ear protection. Don't we look hot? LOL

Here is Jared fishing off one of the little docks. We didn't catch anything. :(

Here is one of the animals from the petting zoo. Now I LOVE animals, but isn't this lama one of the ugliest things you have ever seen? Poor lama. I wish you could see his teeth because they sure are a sight.

This was one of the coolest animals ever. He jumped up on the fence to pose for the camera. What a good little sheep. Say cheese!

Jared and I had a great trip. I just want to give Jared a shout out and let him know that I'm so thankful I'm his wife. He is the greatest dad and husband and I'm so greatful we get to spend eternity together. You rock babe!

7 comments:

T.M. said...

Wow 5 years already? Congrats! I want to see some belly pictures!

Wilde Lady said...

I'm so glad that you took pictures! I'm jealous, you guys look like you had a blast! Happy Anniversary!

Kira said...

Those photos are doctored.I happen to know for a fact Jared can't hit the broad side of a barn.Especially with a bow and arrow.

Stay sweet.emefvxs

Kira said...

That other comment was from Lance, by the way.

Um... I am confused by your repetitive use of the term, "Sugar Daddy" for Jared. Is there something weird going on there???

The Evers Family said...

Congratulations Britt! I wish I was that cool and did all those things!

Morgan Werner said...

Man, I can't believe you've been married for five years. Time FLIES. That's pretty cool that you got some riding in! I got some riding in last month myself! Only ten or fifteen minutes, though. The farier (how do you spell that?) hadn't been around in a long time so all the horses' hooves were attrociously long and shoeless. You can see pictures of me riding on my blog!

Also, congrats on the baby! I'm so excited for you. Let's see some tummy pics!

Janelle. said...

I love that you went to a dude ranch...that's totally you... it looks like you did so many fun things! Congrats on 5 years and on the girl news!