CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July

This year our 4th of July was pretty crazy. We were suppose to go to a friends house to grill but it turned out that she went into labor and was having her baby instead. Congragts Alex! We then moved the party to our house and later had to cancel because I woke up at 5:30am with a splitting migraine and was in bed practically all day. So, instead of parties we hung around the house and laid low so mom could re-coop in time for fireworks that night. Jared was a saint and came home from work, got me drugs, and took care of the kids all day long while I slept. He even cleaned the house and made breakfast, lunch and dinner. What a man!


I finally felt a little better during the evening so we ventured near the mall to watch the yearly fireworks. We brought pop corn, candy, soda, and glow sticks so the kids were quite entertained.





Later when we got home we lit our own little fireworks for the kids which they would have no part of. They sat in the back of the truck and would not come near us for fear of the fireworks. Maybe we will have better luck next year.



6 comments:

Wilde Lady said...

I knew that I could count on you to have your post up already! I love the pics. We'll have to make up for all the cancellations. Hope you enjoyed your movie!

Sarah said...

So long as you didn't point any fireworks at my house...

Jenna said...

What fun! Your kids are huge! They are growing so fast

shaun said...

Sounds like a pretty eventful 4th! Glad you felt better and could enjoy at least the best part of the day!
-Janelle

April said...

You guys are always doing such fun things with your kids... I love it!! Looks like you all had a great 4th... when are you coming out to Cali again! Send me an email.. we totally need to have a get-together!

Meghan said...

Hey, I was just listening to 'Somebody' on your blog. LOL! I'll forever associate that song with you. It looks like you guys had a fun 4th of July! I wish we could've all been at the Sunrise Mall fireworks together! :-) Aren't you going home soon?