CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A FUN FILLED WEEK

Last week my sister Tiffany and her family were in town from Utah to visit us and our warm weather. Unfortunately, the week she came Utah was warmer than Florida. What are the odds? Now she is back home freezing and we are once again in the mid 80's. Sorry Tiff. :( Oh well, we had LOTS of fun while she was here and kept very busy. Thanks for coming to visit. We love and miss you guys!

Sunday - Everyone arrived and we chilled and talked.

Monday - We went to see the Manatees because it was the last day the viewing center was open. No wonder it was the last day, WE DIDN'T SEE A THING! After that we went to E G Simmons park and played on the so called beach. Boy, I have been spoiled because the beach was totally lame to me. I'm use to SO much better. At least there was water and waves. Last, we went to the museum called MOSI and let our kids run wild until dinner time.



Tuesday - We hung around the house in the morning trying to re-coup from our previous busy day. We also had to wait for the buy man to come and spray my house. You got to love Florida. We have so many wonder bugs! The cock roaches and fire ants are my favorite. NOT!!! In the afternoon we went to Chuck E Cheese and let our kids run wild again. I'm so glad my kids don't realize yet they need money to play the games. After running around at Chuck E Cheese we went to a local park and flew kites. I must brag that I'm now an offical kite flying pro!

Wednesday - On Wednesday Tiffany left first thing in the morning with her family to go to Disney World. We met up with them that night and was treated to dinner at Benihana's. Score! Dinner was great and the kids had a blast watching them cook their dinner right in front of them.

Thursday - We all headed to Universal Studios and spent the day playing and riding rides. I can't wait until the kids get old enough to ride roller coasters. We crashed that night from lack of sleep.





Friday - We drove home and then headed straight to Siesta Key Beach. The beach was SO packed that parking was a joke! After driving around for several minutes I decided to follow people to their car so we could take their parking space. After getting a parking spot, I followed a couple on foot to their car and asked if I could have it. I stood in the parking spot and called my sister over to it. As they were on their way a man tried to take the spot while I was standing in it. We got in a HUGE yelling match and he started honking the horn at me to move. I didn't budge, and he threatened to hit me. I then replied, "Go ahead, I have great insurance!" The yelling match got so bad that a ranger came over and said I had to move or he would give me a $75 ticket. Let's just say that was not one of my better moments. :) Later that night we got home and then drove straight to Georgia for my neice's wedding.


Saturday - Tiffany and her family left early in the morning and headed back to Utah. We miss you guys. Come back soon. :)

5 comments:

Kira said...

For the record-- the yelling match was far worse than you made it sound. I have a new respect (and fear) for you.

The Hills... said...

Wow, you guys have been busy. Tiffany's kids are getting so old! We are so jealous! I want to come to Florida and go to the beach! I don't think it's ever going to warm up here in Utah!

Lance & Kristy said...

That is SO funny about Siesta Key Beach and I'm the least bit shocked! Parking there can be crazy and we had a similar experience, but without the yelling. I'm not as brave as you! We just had all the following people to their cars and then needing a second spot and people driving us over as we tried to save the spots.

Lance & Kristy said...

Oops, I meant to say, "I'm NOT the least bit shocked!"

Meghan said...

It looks like you guys have been having a good time! How awesome that Tiff was able to come out and visit! I'm proud of you for standing your ground over the parking space. I wish I could be more like that! You go girl!