CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 27, 2008

TWILIGHT

Ok, so I have to admit that I have a little addiction. My sister Tiffany and my friend Kira were both reading this series called "Twilight" written by Stephenie Meyer. Anyway, they both convinced me to read it and now I'm in love! It's a series that has three books right now and I think the forth will be published in August. I could be wrong though. These are the first books I have bought since "Harry Potter." Well just a few months ago I met a girl in my ward who just moved to the area from Arizona. Turns out, HER BROTHER MARRIED STEPHENIE MEYER!!! Now isn't that the coolest thing ever? She said I might even get to meet her when she has her baby and they come out to visit. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I hope she will even sign one of my books. Well, if you don't already know, Stephenie is making a movie that goes along with her first book called "Twilight." Here is a link that will take you to a preview of her movie. I can't wait until it comes out. Let me know what you think of the actors if you have already read the book. I must admit, I'm a little disappointed with the choice of Edward. I visualized him as a steamy hottie in my head and he looks NOTHING like what I pictured. :( I do like the Jacob she chose though. He looks MUCH better with his short hair!

Here is the link. Enjoy!
http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1585900

6 comments:

Kira said...

It looks like the movie will be very well done. I can't wait.

When I read the Twilight books, I picture everyone looking like 25- 30 years old (like me). I will have to get over that before I see the movie!

Sounds like a girls' night!

Ruth said...

LOL!!! Britt, you are not alone! I'm hesitant to admit this, but I've read the whole series twice and will be starting my 3rd time through in May. I love these books so much that I'm part of a blog where all we do is talk about Twilight! (Marcos is really embarassed for me) Anyway, if you are interested, the link is on my blog! And yes, I am excited for the movie to come out. And yes, I'm a little dissappointed in some of the actors who were chosen (and some of the ways they have changed the scenes). And holy crow you are so lucky to meet Stephenie Meyer. She will totally sign your book!!! Check out the TW blog for tons of interviews, videos, discussions, etc. And have you been on the Lexicon or other fan sites? Ok, sorry. I'm getting out of hand. Can you see how addicted I am? :)

The Hills... said...

Welcome to the club. I LOVE the twilight books. Can't wait for the next one to come out and for the movie! I'm a Jacob fan!

Morgan Werner said...

Oh, don't even get me started on these books! I have very mixed feelings toward them. I was hoping for a little more intensity and complexity, a little more Anne Rice, a little more LOTR-style in-depth history of the characters, the Volturi, and the vampire "culture." BUT, it was an entertaining story, and I'll admit that I have read all three now.

And the movie? Well, IT BETTER NOT BE GAY! They better not stray from the story. Stephanie Meyer isn't actually making the movie, and has no say in how they convert the story to the screen. I am not a huge fan of the kid they picked for Edward. I pictured him being waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay hotter. My sister and I decided that the perfect Edward would be the guy who played Boone on LOST. I don't know if you're familiar with that show. His eyes are already the perfect color and wouldn't have to wear contacts like this kid does (I think). And he would look hot with fangs, not that these characters actually have fangs. But, this Edward is growing on me. I think he'll do ok.

Ok, I am so gay for going off like this on a book series that I'm not THAT sold on yet. I guess I really just have a love-hate relationship with it.

Sam and Jackie Chapman said...

Hey Filetti family! It's jackie and sam chapman! Glad to see you have a blog so I wanted to say hi and it's nice catchin up with you through this cute blog!

the straz fam said...

I just finished the third book last night! The countdown for the release of book #4 is on...