CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 17, 2008

NEW HAIR CUT

Ok, so I'm going to vent a little bit. Have you ever had a good hair cut? Well, I HAVE NOT!!! I swear every time I go in to get my hair cut I have a bad experience! I wonder why I always have long hair and I think it's because I dread going to the hair salon. Every time I go I come back with some wack job. Is it too much to ask to want to leave the hair salon and think "Wow, this is awesome, I love my hair!" Well I guess it's just not in the cards for me. This time before going to get my hair cut I picked out a picture I liked and brought it with me. I wanted the same cut as the picture below but wanted to keep my original color and just get high lights. Just so you know, I have only had my hair cut short (just past my shoulders) once and when I came home I cried because I hated it so much. I also have only had my hair high lighted once as well and NEVER colored. My cousin Meg talked me into high lighting my hair when we were living together in college and I have never been brave enough to go get it done again on my own. Yeah I know, I'm a wuss. Well today I ventured to the salon with the expectation I was going to miraculouly get an awesome hair do. NOT! Here is the photo of the cut I wanted and this is what I got. Oh well, it's just hair right? Thank goodness it grows back.



This is the cut I wanted.


This is what my hair looked like before the cut.


This is is after. :( Man, I have a big nose.

Ok, so here is the cut I was going for and this is what I got. AAHHH! Now, I don't know how well you know me but I'm freakin cheap! Jared keeps telling me to spend good money and go to a nice salon but I can never bring myself to burn that much money on just hair. After having SO many bad hair do's I'm ready to spend the big bucks now. Give me a few months and I'm going to look HOT!



8 comments:

Amber English said...

I didn't know you were going today to get it cut. I would have given you the number to my hairdresser. I still think it's looks cute, maybe you just need to play with it a little and get used to it!

Anonymous said...

Brittany - you always look HOT, even if you think your hair isn't! I can't believe how fast your hair grows! So at least you won't have to wait too long before you can get it cut again. Good luck! I think it's cute on you though!

Janelle. said...

You still look so good! Seriously. But i definitely spend a little bit more (I actually go to Debbie Sedgewick) because I have had my share of bad haircuts, at least hair grows back, right? But it does seem like a waste of money to go somewhere nice sometimes.

Jenna said...

I like your haircut. I am justlike you! I hate spending money on just hair! I have been fortunate with good experiences. Maybe try and part your hair a different way!? Anyway it still looks good!

The Pope Family said...

Brit, I think your hair looks cute! I love the highlights....where did you go, fantastick sam's? I only had to learn my lesson once. I go to Jaunita Blank and I have never had a bad experience with her. She is great, even when I go and say, okay do what you want. She also copies pictures pretty well. she charges 30 for a cut and I'm not sure about the highlights, but their prices are pretty average. anyway, I think you look cute.

the straz fam said...

Your haircut is cute! I think you need a little more volume though to make it look more like the picture - maybe try some volumining mousse at the roots when its still wet and blow dry it with a round brush. Just an idea, not that I'm a hair expert though!

Luisa said...

i like it! it will grow on u

Claudia Shirley said...

Hi Brit,
I am killing time at work and got onto your blog. Your kiddies are so cute. I know what you mean about hair. It seems you have to spend a lot of money to get a good cut. I've gotten into that habit but it's a dilemma. You always look cute. Are you coming for a visit sometime. Love ya.