CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 2, 2008

Yearly Fishing Trip

Ok, can I say I'm a little out numbered right now? There is so much testosterone in this house! Every year Jared's brothers come out to go deep sea fishing. This is their third year doing this and it's quite fun. Usually one them brings their wife and kids but not this year. :(


The first year they did their fishing trip they were totally wasted! All the boys took Dramamine pills as well as wore the patch the day of the fishing trip. They were so tired they could barily fish or even talk. When they got home they all passed out and slept until the next morning and were still a bit groggy.

The second year was much better than the first. At least they knew how much Dramamine to take before passing out. LOL Nobody got sea sick and they all caught several fish. On the other hand, almost everyone came back fried and lobster red! They either forgot sunscreen or were too lazy to put it on. Either way they were toasty. Most people don't realize how much the sun beats down on you in Florida.

This year I have to admit the boys were pros in being prepared. There were only a few sun burns which were minor and only Jared got sea sick. He had to lay down on the boat for a few minutes and then he was back to normal and fishing again. The boys were a little disappointed because there was not as much fish this year. They went out all day and only caught about 10-12 fish. Several got away and some they had to release because they were too big or small. All in all they had fun and brought home 8 fish to eat.

Now, I don't know how well you guys know me but I HATE SEAFOOD!!! This time of year I dread because Jared always brings home fish with his brothers and cooks it the same night they get back. I always make them grill the fish outside so I don't have to smell it in my house. I'm such a mean wife. I NEVER cook anything seafood or allow it in my house because I hate it so much. Every time Jared and I eat out he usually gets something seafood because I never cook it at home. Here is the story and reason why I hate seafood...

When I was about 6 years old I went to a Japanese wedding with my family. The wedding was a lot of fun and was very long. After the wedding, dinner was served to all the guests. Being a small child I was tried and hungry after such a long day. I was envisioning a huge meal with chicken nuggets, hot dogs, and milk shakes. I would even settle for Chinese food because they are like Japanese right? WRONG! I was going to throw up with all the squid, octopus, duck heads and other sea food items that were served. After several courses of food I could not eat I ran off to the bathroom ready to throw up. I was in tears and was starving. My mom came to comfort me and said that fried rice was being brought out for the next course. Let me just say that I ate ALL OF OUR TABLES SERVING of rice and did not dare share with anyone!!! Our table felt bad for me and didn't even bother asking for any rice. I was a starving animal protecting my food.

After such a traumatic even like that don't you realize now why I can't stand the food? Humor me and just agree that it's disgusting. J/K

5 comments:

Morgan Werner said...

Oh man, that's too bad that you don't like fish! I LOOOOOOOOVE fish! I'd take fresh salmon or tuna over steak any day! But I don't blame you as far as octopus or anything like that. That stuff is gross. I even like sushi, but I do NOT like calamari.

Ruth said...

That is the funniest story! I hate seafood and fish too!!! I only let Marcos cook it when I'll be out of the house all day. My own history of not liking the stuff started when I was about 5 yrs old, living in Boston, scared of the lobsters running around our kitchen floor (my dad thought it'd be funny), and then listening to the lobsters "scream" in the boiling hot water on the stove. (They don't really scream, it just sounds like it.)

Sam and Jackie Chapman said...

Hello again! That is crazy that you grew up with Jethro in your ward. He was in my ward at BYU-Idaho, and he was my home teacher. His wife was also in our ward so we all knew each other.

T.M. said...

I agree. I don't even like the smell of freshwater fish. I even grew up with it in my home. I think it was the frozen fish that would fall out of the freezer and onto my toes as a child. Or maybe it was the fish and lemeon pepper smell that has killed my desire for anything fishey!

shaun said...

You have every right to hate seafood :) The fishing part sounds fun, but the eating part...I'm not so fond of! And yes, I think Summer should have kids too! They are so fun!! And I meant to go to Steph's baby shower but there was a huge storm...so I haven't seen her since her wedding!
-Janelle