CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 5, 2008

GOING TO CALI!!!

Ok, so I have to say that I'm SSSOOOOO excited. We have been wanting to visit Cali for awhile now but finally bit the bullet and bought tickets. We will be there August 13th-20th so if any of you are free we would LOVE to visit!!!

So, have you heard how outrageous plane ticket prices are now? They are ridiculous because of the gas price increase. To make things even worse, almost all airlines are now charging you for checking your luggage. Yup, you now have to pay to check your luggage. You don't even get one free bag anymore. Also, you pay to check your bags EACH WAY too!

I was wondering if anyone has a spare car seat and booster we could use while we are out there? We would bring our own, but we would have to check them and since you pay for checked baggage it would be cheaper to buy some there then bring our own. AH!

Well we will see all you Cali folk in just a few months. Luv ya!

7 comments:

T.M. said...

I have an extra booster seat but not an extra car seat. I am so excited! We should get the cow party rolling. It is rediculous to be charged to check in your baggage. Just a few months ago you could bring 2 suit cases. I guess 4.50 gas prices are rediculous too.

Are you still going on the cruise?

Filetti Family said...

Nope, no cruise for us. We are sacrificing it to see my family. With gas prices as high as they are it will probably be our last trip for awhile. Man, when gas goes up so does EVERYTHING!!!

Luisa said...

if yu dont find anyone to lend tou a car seat and that stuff there are companies that will rent it to you wherever you are going. When I went to Boston a few months ago I rented one for like $30 for the week

the straz fam said...

Yay!! We are so excited that you guys are coming out. Maybe we can get all the old friends together for a BBQ??? Just let us know when it gets closer what day works best for you guys and we will get it all planned! It will be so much fun to have our kiddos all play together too!

Sarah said...

I'm going to UT next week...at least I get one bag free per person. The way I pack I'll probably fit me and the kids in one bag, but it's still absurd. Maybe the next step will be putting people in the extra luggage space

Luisa said...

hey! are you kidding Im huge! lol
not as big as I was with Aiven at this time though but I'm sure I'm getting there :)
Feet not swollen yet but i think that started 3rd trimester- so im alreayd trying to cut down on salt- we'll see :) we find out next thurs I will let you know

THE HAGES said...

Hi Britt, We are totally going to be in town and would love to see you. Also we have two extra car seats, a Kinsey size and a Creighton size. So if you need them let me know. We bought extras for Bryans truck and we never use them. Oh and I read Jamis comment and we should totally have a bbq. see you soon!